Attention!

Attention!
This blog collects general data about your location, your browser and your operating system for my user history statistics (and I don't know how to stop it from doing so).
However, I do not use those data other than looking at the locations and being happy that people all around the globe click on my blog.
Please visit my site notice for further privacy policy details.

Dienstag, 17. Mai 2016

Writing Exercise 023

It's time for my writing exercise again. :D
This week the topic is dreams. And dream I do. So this exercise is a little different from the others. Enjoy nevertheless. :)
2016/05/17 – dreams

How often have I wondered about the dreams I've had – about the meanings and reasons for the things my subconscious makes up. How often have I dreamed strange things without ever questioning them while dreaming. How often have I not realized I was dreaming in the first place then.
When for the first time I finally did realize the dream collapsed like a house of cards and I woke up. That singular night I managed to lucidly dream every time I fell asleep, and again and again the dreams would collapse and wake me up once I noticed it wasn't real. It was the first and last time I ever had lucid dreams. I was over the moon.
However, despite not knowing I'm dreaming while I dream, I'm able to control my dreams – even though my control has limits. You see, when I wake up before my alarm clock blares away and I don't like the ending of my dream I sometimes can rewind the dream. Just like a video. When my rewind limit is reached and I fall asleep again I then may redream from that point in time and change the ending altogether. Which is rather cool. Of course this only works if I have the time to keep dreaming. I use this 'skill' whenever possible because I mostly don't like the outcome of a dream.
Then there are recurring dreams and 'to be continued'-dreams. Both are not uncommon to me. Some of them have been with me since I was a kid, others are newer. And a lot of them have something in common: they inspire me to write the things you now get to see. As I dream my mind makes up splendid worlds and interesting people; and these worlds grow into a vast universe, a universe that feels so real and is full of wonder and magic, a universe that won't leave me alone for about two decades by now; yet it's a universe that has never been. So I call it Neverbeen Universe. And its stories want to be told so badly. Finally I give and do just that; my body feels like but a vessel, a mere tool to bring Neverbeen Universe to life and share its existence with you.
It makes me wonder if someone else might have the same dreams I do; if dreams are but a method of this Neverbeen Universe to communicate with ours – through me. I don't feel special because of this; instead I am humbled facing this unfathomable, most splendid and rich universe and its unique inhabitants; I feel tiny the way I feel tiny and insignificant when stargazing. And yet it seems to me as if I was part of it all. As if dreams were a window to a whole new horizon, a parallel world as vast as the mind allows it. Which is basically limitless.
And even though I seldom like the outcome of a dream, I really enjoy the time I can spend with my Neverbeen Universe; I enjoy dreaming even if it kills me – only in my dreams, of course.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen