Attention!

Attention!
This blog collects general data about your location, your browser and your operating system for my user history statistics (and I don't know how to stop it from doing so).
However, I do not use those data other than looking at the locations and being happy that people all around the globe click on my blog.
Please visit my site notice for further privacy policy details.

Montag, 10. Oktober 2016

Writing Exercise 044

Here is another one of my weekly writing exercises. This time the topic is lullaby, and I wrote a drabble.
2016/10/11 – lullaby (drabble)

Ears attuned to the slightest change in breathing patterns, you instantly pick up the soft whimper. You wish you could just turn around, pull the blanket over your head and sleep. Instead the whimper evolves into an inarticulate cry. “Maybe it will go away if I wait long enough?” you think, but you know you have no such luck. The cry becomes louder. So you've finally had enough and get up. Bone tired you trudge over to check. You lift the tiny body, pace around the room and sing lullabies. Finally – hours later? – the crying stops. The joys of parenthood.
I would like to point out that I have no children, and that I don't intend to ever have any. So this is pure fiction.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen