Attention!

Attention!
This blog collects general data about your location, your browser and your operating system for my user history statistics (and I don't know how to stop it from doing so).
However, I do not use those data other than looking at the locations and being happy that people all around the globe click on my blog.
Please visit my site notice for further privacy policy details.

Dienstag, 23. August 2016

Writing Exercise 037

It's time for another writing exercise already. :)
Today I wrote a double drabble about one of my favourite places. Find out where that is and why!
 
2016/08/23 – at the book store (double drabble)

The book store is one of my favourite places to be. When I go window shopping it is hard not to stop by. I rather go book shopping than buy clothes. I also prefer paperbacks to ebooks; I want to feel and smell them and put them on my shelves.
But what do I look for in a good book?
Mostly I want a thrilling story, which captures me and holds me completely until I've gobbled it whole. But beautiful language and intriguing characters and interesting topics are just as important. What books I pick depends on my mood also. Sometimes I want dark and mysterious stories, sometimes I seek light entertainment, sometimes I crave deeper layers or knowledge or poetry.
I appreciate the written art, and I feel most comfortable being surrounded by it.
Now at the book store you would find me somewhere browsing whodunits, fantasy or sci fi sections, but I'll also peek at comics and mangas if I want a quick read.
I sometimes dream my books would one day be displayed there, too, and people would stop by, pick them up and think: “Oh, this looks interesting.” And I'd be right there smiling to myself...

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen