Attention!

Attention!
This blog collects general data about your location, your browser and your operating system for my user history statistics (and I don't know how to stop it from doing so).
However, I do not use those data other than looking at the locations and being happy that people all around the globe click on my blog.
Please visit my site notice for further privacy policy details.

Samstag, 13. Januar 2018

Writing Exercise 109

This week I wrote a story about something that happened back in 2010 or 2011 -- I don't remember exactly, but it has to be around that time. And I only just remembered it because of something I read the other day. As it is quite unusual, I'm curious what you think of it.
2018/01/13 – supernatural

I once had a panther-black car, which I lovingly called 'my Kitty'. She was a fine, old car and I loved to drive her. She had personality, she really had. I would pat and rub the steering wheel gently and talk to Kitty as if she was a real person when I fired her up, and she would purr in response. If I hadn't done so, she might not have started at all. Kitty was a lady and wanted to be treated as such. And she saved my life.
One slightly misty day I was driving home humming a happy little tune. The radio was switched off as I usually don't like what they played. So I was well surprised when the display of the radio turned on and letters flashed on the screen. 'ATTENTION' it read, and after a while the message changed to 'DANGER', then turned off again as if it never were. The mist was getting thicker. At first I thought this was but my imagination. But it unsettled me. Time and again I blinked at the screen, and after a while it turned on again. 'ATTENTION' and 'DANGER' I read. A little scared and confused I slowed down a little but kept on driving. Another car zinged by on the left lane, much faster than the speed limit. The mist swallowed it within seconds. The message on the radio display flashed a third time. Then suddenly I saw it, and instantly I braked hard. My car slowed down enough so I could swerve. Because there was the other car which had caused an accident and blocked one of the lanes. A little shaken I continued my way home, but the display stayed turned off after that. And had I not slowed down before, I would have crashed right into the other car and might have died. So… was I imagining things, or had Kitty really saved me? I like to think that she had.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen