Attention!

Attention!
This blog collects general data about your location, your browser and your operating system for my user history statistics (and I don't know how to stop it from doing so).
However, I do not use those data other than looking at the locations and being happy that people all around the globe click on my blog.
Please visit my site notice for further privacy policy details.

Montag, 4. Juli 2016

Writing Exercise 030

This is my thirtieth writing exercise already. Time sure flies by. :D
As you might have noticed, I have uploaded six holiday drabbles to my new German Corner. From now on I will occasionally add content there also -- works in my mother tongue -- and you are very welcome to browse. ;)
But let's get to the point. This week's writing exercise is about a day in July. The very day I picked has a special name in German. Maybe you can find out what day it is?
Oh, and I also challenged myself to write a drabble.

2016/07/04 – a day in July (Drabble)

The weather has been changeable for these past few weeks. You can tell it's summer by the way the rain becomes warmer. Plants grow and thrive, of course, and the splendour of colourfully blooming flowers and alluring scents is just fantastic. Still… you long for the smell of sun on your skin and the holiday feeling; you long for the thunderclouds to disperse and the blue sky to touch the horizon. Instead the temperature plunges. Freshly shorn sheep shudder with cold on the meadows, bleating miserably in the rain. It is the 11th of July, but tomorrow summer truly begins.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen