Attention!

Attention!
This blog collects general data about your location, your browser and your operating system for my user history statistics (and I don't know how to stop it from doing so).
However, I do not use those data other than looking at the locations and being happy that people all around the globe click on my blog.
Please visit my site notice for further privacy policy details.

Montag, 25. Juli 2016

I know not if there is a reason...

The past weekend has been very eventful for me.
My fiancé and I went to St. Goarshausen, which is situated at the river Rhine.

As I do Tai Chi the "Tai Chi Forum International" led by Volker Jung was the place to be and learn about the five elements (water, earth, wood/wind, fire and metal) and their influence in the hand form.


On Saturday we went to St. Goar, which is situated on the other bank of the Rhine, and visited the castle ruins of Burg Rheinfels, where there was a medieval fair this particular weekend.
At Burg Rheinfels there were a castle museum, lots of booths, knights' games, bards playing minnelieds and really splendid views over the Rhine.
Isn't it beautiful? This really was a fun day (although I sprained my ankle). :D

On Sunday, before heading home, we also visited the Loreley rocks. Which is a MUST SEE when you are there!
The rocks create a seven times echo which caused lots of ships to crash. According to legend the Loreley was a maiden who sang like a siren to lure sailors against the rocks.


Maybe you have heard about the poem by Heinrich Heine about the Loreley, which was turned into a beautifully melancholic song? Here it is, as translated by A.Z. Foreman:
I know not if there is a reason
Why I am so sad at heart.
A legend of bygone ages
Haunts me and will not depart.

The air is cool under nightfall.
The calm Rhine courses its way.
The peak of the mountain is sparkling
With evening's final ray.

The fairest of maidens is sitting
So marvelous up there,
Her golden jewels are shining,
She's combing her golden hair.

She combs with a comb also golden,
And sings a song as well
Whose melody binds a wondrous
And overpowering spell.

In his little boat, the boatman
Is seized with a savage woe,
He'd rather look up at the mountain
Than down at the rocks below.

I think that the waves will devour
The boatman and boat as one;
And this by her song's sheer power
Fair Lorelei has done.
As you can see, my fiancé and I had a great trip. I wish I could have shared more impressions with you because the landscape is really breathtaking and beautiful. If you ever get the chance to go there, do so! I can highly recommend it. :D

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen