Attention!

Attention!
This blog collects general data about your location, your browser and your operating system for my user history statistics (and I don't know how to stop it from doing so).
However, I do not use those data other than looking at the locations and being happy that people all around the globe click on my blog.
Please visit my site notice for further privacy policy details.

Dienstag, 14. März 2017

Writing Exercises 064 and 065

While I was in Japan, I still found the time to do my weekly writing exercises. Number 064 is a drabble about my holiday impressions whereas number 065 is a Tanka (Japanese poem with 5-7-5-7-7 syllables) about Tokyo.
Here is my drabble:
2017/03/03 – holidays in Japan (Drabble)

Up, up into the sky we went eight hours into the future. Time seems to run a little faster over here – so much to do, so much to see, so much to experience, yet so little time. Almost a week has gone by, and I am overflowing with impressions. The old and the new, the bustling cities full of stately palaces and shrines and skyscrapers, people in suits rushing by and people in kimonos sauntering across the streets, lots of strange yet delicious food, and the blaring of commercials everywhere – everything is so fascinating and new. And I continue wondering.
 And this is my poem:
2017/03/08 – Tokyo (Tanka)
The vast capital:
Horizons full of buildings
Yet amidst it all
Islands of green and silence.
See the first cherry blossoms!

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen