Attention!

Attention!
This blog collects general data about your location, your browser and your operating system for my user history statistics (and I don't know how to stop it from doing so).
However, I do not use those data other than looking at the locations and being happy that people all around the globe click on my blog.
Please visit my site notice for further privacy policy details.

Donnerstag, 23. März 2017

Writing Exercise 067

It's time for my weekly writing exercise again. The topic was flowers, and I wrote a triple drabble. As flowers have meanings or are symbols of something, of course I chose them with purpose. Let's see if you can figure out my statement, shall we? ;)
2017/03/23 – flowers (triple drabble)

Recently I moved into a nice little town. My house was situated between an old half-timber house and an industrialized building.
The neighbours to the right were an elderly couple, whereas to the left there lived five young housemates. As I gradually settled in and set about to tend to the garden, I noticed the flowers my neighbours had planted. The half-timber house was surrounded by neat patches of hurtsickles while my neighbours to the left had potted carnations everywhere.
And I began to wonder what my garden should look like.
I couldn't quite decide yet so I postponed it.
Over the following weeks I chatted with both my new neighbours, mostly about the weather and the lovely gardens, but also a few serious conversations came up. I soon learnt that my neighbours didn't quite like each other's views. Yet I didn't want to be caught up in their issues, so I stayed friendly and polite to each of them.
As I listened to his stories the elderly man gifted me a bag of hurtsickle seeds, whereas after a long jaw with the youngsters I received a pot of carnations.
But which flowers should I put in my garden? I knew I would upset either of them if I planted the gift of the other party. Then my garden would become the battleground of their argument.
And while I didn't agree with either of their views, I came to a conclusion: I went to the garden centre and bought a bunch of flowers and little trees. And soon the garden in the middle was overgrown with anemones, white lillies, daffodils, cherries and zinnias. Because if I had to choose between both gifts, I would plant neither. True peace inhabited my house, for I realised I am right where I belong.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen