Attention!

Attention!
This blog collects general data about your location, your browser and your operating system for my user history statistics (and I don't know how to stop it from doing so).
However, I do not use those data other than looking at the locations and being happy that people all around the globe click on my blog.
Please visit my site notice for further privacy policy details.

Freitag, 6. Januar 2017

Writing Exercise 056

The first writing exercise this year is a song, or more precisely a lullaby. It has no melody yet, but it might get one perhaps. I only wrote the bridge and the chorus once after the fist stanza in order not to bore you with a lot of repetition. But a song is a song, so imagine them being sung after every stanza. Enjoy. :)
2017/01/06 – write a song

1.
When my evening falls
And all the lights of day
Are declining to dusky shades,
I remember
All the way that I’ve come,
All the chances that have passed me by,
And all the choices that I’ve made.
And I see what I’ve become by now.

Bridge:

And I kiss them all good night,
I kiss them all good night…

Chorus:

And as the last star
Has fallen that day,
I close my eyes in ease.
May the night lead my dreams,
May darkness accompany my heart
To the promised place.

2.
There’s a mirror in front of me,
The surface of the seas
Is almost as smooth as glass.
As it flows
The waters ease
The long forgotten memories,
Just leave me silently
Within total calm of mind.

3.
A lovely breath of air
Surrounds me tenderly,
Caresses me with love,
Just makes me feel
Like flying.
It sings a sweet lullaby,
As it carries away
All the sad thoughts in my head.

4.
The tiny flame
Inside my heart
Keeps still on burning,
I can see it slightly
Shimmer in the dark.
The flickering heat
Melts away all the pain
I felt for so long.

5.
Under my restless feet
The earth is beating
With a slow pulse.
There’s still plenty of power,
It still gives me strength.
On the solid soil
That will protect my sleep
I lay my head to rest.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen