Attention!

Attention!
This blog collects general data about your location, your browser and your operating system for my user history statistics (and I don't know how to stop it from doing so).
However, I do not use those data other than looking at the locations and being happy that people all around the globe click on my blog.
Please visit my site notice for further privacy policy details.

Mittwoch, 16. März 2016

Writing Exercise 014

It's time for my weekly writing exercise again! :D
The task was to write a scene set in the place I wanted to go most. Quite a few places came to mind, e.g. Fukuoka in Japan where I would like to spend a part of my legal clerkship, or Geneva in Switzerland at the headquarters of the UN, or the International Maritime Court in Hamburg, Germany, or Michigan, USA and Scotland, GB where my dear writing buddies live. But deep down in my heart I know these places pale against the one most important to me.
Find out where that is in this double-drabble:
2016/03/16 - write a scene set in the place you want to go more than anything (double-drabble)

It's a late afternoon and the sun is shining. The air is fresh with the dawn of early spring, but warm enough to be outside. Clear blue skies reflect on the surface of a lake as deep as a valley. On the other side deer are grazing between the fir trees of the hills, unperturbed by the occasional strollers.
A Japanese maple tree whispers in the light breeze; its blood red leaves wave about happily like children's hands. The camellia tall as a man is in full bloom.
My boyfriend is with me; two holidaymakers sitting on the terrace, enjoying the togetherness and the view. We look at each other and share a kiss. A contented smile curls our lips. Time flies by when you revel in the moment, and this we do.
The doorbell rings. Our friends are finally here. My parents follow suit. We congregate in the garden. There we talk and laugh a lot until the sun goes down and we return inside; someone suggests parlour games and we have a good time. And I realise all the people important to me are here with me, and this is where I want to be.
I am home.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen