Attention!

Attention!
This blog collects general data about your location, your browser and your operating system for my user history statistics (and I don't know how to stop it from doing so).
However, I do not use those data other than looking at the locations and being happy that people all around the globe click on my blog.
Please visit my site notice for further privacy policy details.

Donnerstag, 27. April 2017

Writing Exercises 071 and 072

I'm late again; there is just so much on my mind lately that I feel scatter-brained. I thought I uploaded last week's writing exercise, but I didn't. I'm sorry. :(
So this week you get to read two drabbles. I hope you like them.
Here is last week's drabble:
2017/04/23 – a good story (Drabble)

A story has brought you to this place; and a story might leave with you, even have you return. Because everyone likes to hear a good story. There is much to tell, and a story wants to be told. But what makes a good story good? It is clearly not only a happy ending – because a story doesn't have to end well to be good. There is more to it: the things a good story does to you. Sometimes it grips you, sometimes it lingers on your mind, sometimes it becomes a part of you. It leaves you wanting more.
And this is what I've written this week:
 
2017/04/27 – thoughts on thoughts (Drabble)

If you think you think, you'll only think you think. But what is a thought? A spark of neurons, electric impulses and a few chemical reactions. Yet there is more to it. Thousands of thoughts rush through our heads day to day. Some of them repetitive and charged with emotions, others so fleeting they are forgotten the moment they spring into creation. A brain processes so much information, so many impressions. We might say intelligence is essential to formulate thoughts, and thinking is an attribute to being human. Yet thoughts are more than clever sentences, and less than unfinished words.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen