Attention!

Attention!
This blog collects general data about your location, your browser and your operating system for my user history statistics (and I don't know how to stop it from doing so).
However, I do not use those data other than looking at the locations and being happy that people all around the globe click on my blog.
Please visit my site notice for further privacy policy details.

Montag, 17. September 2018

Writing Exercise 145

Good morning!

This week I was prompted by one of my art buddies, so I wrote a poem about 'demons'. Here goes:
2018/09/18 – Demons (poem)

Everyone has their demons haunting them day and night
Some are very real, others are just their fears
Bringing the hardest men and toughest women to tears
Gripping and shaking them until they don't know left from right
Mine lurk in the darkness inside my soul
Laughing at me, taunting me as they tear me apart
Letting me know the real torture is only about to start
How can I live when inside I have this gaping hole?
Those demons are ghastly creatures
Behind each thought their jabs and punches are vicious
They find my silent suffering so delicious
And when I look in the mirror they bear my features
There are nights when I think this never ends
When I know against them I'm a lousy defender
But in the end I swear to never surrender
And hope that one day my barren soul mends

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen