Attention!

Attention!
This blog collects general data about your location, your browser and your operating system for my user history statistics (and I don't know how to stop it from doing so).
However, I do not use those data other than looking at the locations and being happy that people all around the globe click on my blog.
Please visit my site notice for further privacy policy details.

Donnerstag, 4. Mai 2017

Writing Exercise 073

This week's topic for my writing exercise was the question 'What did you dream last night?'. I waited for a memorable dream and wrote everything down in a hurry, so I didn't forget about it right away. What I made of it is this poem:
2017/05/05 – What did you dream last night? (poem)

Last night I had a nightmarish dream.
On my way to uni I went through the city,
Looking forward to the lecture I felt quite witty.
A lot of people were running about;
Suddenly I could hear frightened voices shout.
Amongst the panicked mob there was gunfire.
A civil war – my heart sank like a piece of lead;
I saw people tumble and fall, they were dead.
So getting out of there was my strongest desire.
But there was no going back; the road was blocked.
A sudden pain – the blood on my hands was hot,
I looked at the barrel of a gun and knew I was shot.
Realising I was dying I was quite shocked.
Then I woke with a silent scream.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen