Attention!

Attention!
This blog collects general data about your location, your browser and your operating system for my user history statistics (and I don't know how to stop it from doing so).
However, I do not use those data other than looking at the locations and being happy that people all around the globe click on my blog.
Please visit my site notice for further privacy policy details.

Montag, 26. September 2016

Writing Exercise 042

A new week, a new writing exercise! This time I wrote a triple drabble. The topic was 'the Walking Dead', which is a (in my opinion very good) horror series about...well, zombies, but mostly it focusses on the survivors of a zombie apocalypse, how they cope, how they survive, how they stay human in a world where there is no society anymore. What I did with this topic is -- ah, see for yourselves. ;)
2016/09/26 – The Walking Dead (triple drabble)

One day I woke up and felt something was different. I couldn't say what it was; I just knew my life had changed.
As I was still too tired, I didn't ponder and just stumbled out of bed then shuffled through the corridor. I was pretty hungry so I intended to raid the kitchen. On my way down I suddenly slipped and tumbled down the stairs with a dull thudding noise. I moaned. It hurt less than I thought it would, though. I got up and popped my joints back into the right place before I dragged my feet into the kitchen. But I found it just as empty as my stomach. I groaned, for I needed to stock up before I could have breakfast.
The bakery was just around the corner, so I didn't bother dress up further and left the house clad in my pyjamas. My neighbours wouldn't bother anyways. They didn't even greet when I looked their way. I didn't mind. The bakery was overrun with people. I peeked inside but didn't deem it worth the trouble. Instead I crossed the street, got almost run over by a speeding car, but stumbled safely towards the butchery. I had a craving for fresh meat, and as this place was self-service I happily helped myself. I had forgotten my wallet, but the butcher didn't mind; I often chalked up, so this was no problem at all.
As I returned home I noticed someone break into my house. Some people just had the audacity! Growling, I approached – intent on catching those thugs before they could steal my things. When I surprised them raiding my empty kitchen they were shocked to see me. They pointed a gun at me, but I pounced on them quickly.
What a feast for an undead!

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen