Attention!

Attention!
This blog collects general data about your location, your browser and your operating system for my user history statistics (and I don't know how to stop it from doing so).
However, I do not use those data other than looking at the locations and being happy that people all around the globe click on my blog.
Please visit my site notice for further privacy policy details.

Sonntag, 4. November 2018

Writing Exercise 151

Hello there!

I just realised I haven't done my writing exercise yet. NaNoWriMo kept me busy half of the week. :D
So here is a double drabble prompted ba my dear writing buddy from the Dead Pete Society:
2018/11/04 – A Dance Amongst Shadows (double drabble)

Warily he eyed the merry crowd, people dressed up in their most splendid robes, frolicking and dancing to the fine music in the ball room. Ah, how he loathed such social events, how he despised the oblivious and ignorant people who pretened to have a good time gossipping, drinking, dancing… Alas, he had to attend, and so he did. A glass of heavy wine kept him company as he kept his distance and observed with contempt.
Until a beautiful lady appeared before him and smiled up at him. “Mylord,” she breathed, a halo of flowery perfume around her, “you seem a bit bored. May I try to lift your mood during this dance?” She held out her slender hand for him to take. He blinked, just as perplexed as wary. She used his moment of hesitation to take the glass from his hand, put it away and drag him towards the dance floor. Before he knew it, she was in his arms swaying to the music.
It was not like he couldn't dance, he just preferred not to. He seriously considered ditching her for he rather danced amongst shadows than make a fool of himself here. So he left, disgusted.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen