Attention!

Attention!
This blog collects general data about your location, your browser and your operating system for my user history statistics (and I don't know how to stop it from doing so).
However, I do not use those data other than looking at the locations and being happy that people all around the globe click on my blog.
Please visit my site notice for further privacy policy details.

Dienstag, 30. August 2016

Writing Exercise 038

The last writing exercise of this month. But don't worry, there will be more next month. ;)
This time I had to write an epilogue to a book, movie or game. And since my book in the making hasn't got one yet, I chose 'Ravenous Adventures -- A Tale from Neverbeen Universe'. This epilogue also hints at another WIP I'm currently working on.
Enjoy. :D
2016/08/30 – write an epilogue to a book/movie/game (Ravenous Adventures)

Darkness. Utter darkness. It engulfed them completely as they trudged through the deepest of jungles. Two pale moons were up by now, tingeing the cloudy night sky in dark shades of blue and green. But it was not enough to see more than shadows amongst shadows. The air was hot and humid.
I wish I still had Trébol's dagger,” Gene mused aloud as he stumbled through the gnarled thicket. The heavenly steel would at least have given off enough light to perceive where he was going. He was reminded of the horrible forest they had crossed at the beginning of their adventure. Despite the heat he shuddered.
Where's it got to anyways?” Raphael asked, vaulting over an uprooted mangrove. Gene awkwardly climbed after him.
Eh… I lost it back in the past,” he admitted and tried to close up on the Daemon, who had no problems seeing in the dark. Gene didn't want to get lost here.
So it's just as gone as the Timechrystal. Pity,” Raphael concluded and took Gene's hand as the human struggled forward with outstretched hands. Gene sighed, relieved, and let himself be navigated through the jungle. He still occasionally stumbled over roots, but he felt much more safe when Raphael's warm hand lay in his and he led the way.
Eh...why are we walking this hell again?” Gene wondered.
Strictly speaking, the sixth Pandemonium is only a part of Hell. But I get you,” Raphael answered, “Since we can't stay at Lucifer's castle – well, actually, we could, but the 'Old Grump' wouldn't want us to – we have to find a place for us. But don't mind. There are seven Pandemoniae, so we should be able to do just that. You didn't like either the sand desert nor the ice desert, so I thought we'd try something different. And here we are.” He probably made a wide gesture but Gene couldn't see. “I must admit, I like it here. There are volcanoes and this jungle to explore, and the darkness agrees with me. The views are beautiful,” Raphael grinned.
I can't see a thing,” Gene huffed and peered into the darkness. He wiped beads of sweat off his brow and sighed.
Sorry,” his lover said. “Let's camp on that monticule. You'll be able to see more out in the open and with a campfire,” he promised and led Gene up the rise. Raphael was right. As soon as the flames cackled and cracked Gene felt much more comfortable. He could only see a small perimeter but the fire gave off a soothing light. And when Raphael cooked one of his hyperdelicious meals everything was okay again. Even the thought of not being able to return to Thisside was not as scary anymore.
'Do you miss Earth much?' Raphael linked their minds.
I haven't had the time to miss my family. Just so much had happened so fast,” Gene admitted and sighed. “But now that you speak of it, I do.”
Raphael's mental presence surrounded him like a hug. “I'm sorry we have to stay on the Otherside. I don't even know why I still exist. When I gave my soul to save your life that should've been it. I'm not of the reincarnating kind.”
Gene's heart clenched at the thought of almost losing Raphael for good. He grabbed the older man's hand and squeezed it. “Don't you scare me again like that. I really thought I'd lost you,” his voice quivered and a heavy lump formed in his throat.
But the Daemon slightly smiled and kissed him. 'But you wished me back,' he telepathically whispered. Gene sighed into the kiss, relieved. They were together again, alive and kicking – well, not exactly alive, but it felt just like they were. Gene could get used to being undead. And he was just glad that Raphael was with him. He would go anywhere as long as they stayed together, even stay in this Pandemonium of darkness.
Tell me about this place,” he was curious. Gene was sure Raphael had followed his thoughts.
Raphael nodded. “Alright. As I already mentioned, this Pandemonium is a world of volcanoes and jungles; it is a world of eternal night. Its new sovereign lives in the pyramid city at the foot of the highest volcano. I don't know his name, but he must be a mighty creature to defeat the former sovereign Hades.”
Hades?” Gene interjected, “Funny. My father found a kitten and named it Hades.”
Raphael grinned craftily. “I doubt this Pandemonium used to be ruled by a kitten,” he snickered. Gene chuckled and comfortably leaned against a rock. “Probably not,” he agreed.
Anyhow,” Raphael continued, “I thought you might want to see that pyramid city. So let's explore this world together and decide if this is a place for us.”
Gene agreed. Their adventure wasn't over yet.

1 Kommentar: