Attention!

Attention!
This blog collects general data about your location, your browser and your operating system for my user history statistics (and I don't know how to stop it from doing so).
However, I do not use those data other than looking at the locations and being happy that people all around the globe click on my blog.
Please visit my site notice for further privacy policy details.

Mittwoch, 17. Februar 2016

Writing Exercise 010

Of course there is a writing exercise even though I was gone.
This exercise is song related; I had to pick a song and write whatever came to mind. But when the song stopped writing time was over.
I chose  "The Bard's Song"  randomly from my current playlist, listened to it once, then hit repeat and started writing. I'm not a very fast writer, though, so the result is a bit less than a double-drabble. But here it is:
2016/02/17 - pick a song and write what comes to mind until the song is over (The Bard's Song by Blind Guardian, performed by Van Canto)

He stands on a table in a tavern; all eyes are on him. “One more song,” the small crowd cheers, “one more song.” His eyes travel through the taproom; most people are gathering around the table where he is, but a few guests remain seated. He knows he has caught everyone's attention, though; his magic has made sure of that. Even the one, who he more than everyone else wants to listen, can't escape his voice. This, however, will be his last song for tonight, so he wants to do something special. When he starts singing he steps off the table and wanders the room, seemingly aimlessly, but with a definite route known only to him. A route to that special someone's heart. “There's only one song,” he sings when he is near the one, whispers in their ear, “-left- in my mind...” From the corner of his eye he sees them hide a smirk; only the two of them know the hidden meaning as he continues back to the table. Later they will secretly meet up.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen